Let’s just start from the beginning, shall we? Yahoo Ad Manager was Yahoo’s initial advertising platform which acted as a simplified plan for advertisers to buy and manage native ad products like image ads and sponsored posts. Yahoo Ad Manager was all fine and dandy until they realized it was missing a key component for advertisers: the ability to merge the power of mobile with the success of native ads. This is where Yahoo Gemini comes into play.
So what exactly is Yahoo Gemini? Yahoo Gemini harnesses the powers of search and native advertising into one unified, self-serve solution. Gemini’s native ads are already optimized for tablet and mobile devices, combining search and native ads for superior results. By bringing search and native ads together, Yahoo Gemini lets you manage and optimize your ads in one place which is an invaluable feature since you only have to create the ad once for it to show up across multiple devices.
Millions of people around the world visit Yahoo to search for things everyday, to read the news, check their email, or the score of the game, shop and so much more. With Gemini you’ll be able to drive greater performance through powerful reports and insights, and only pay when you get results. Yahoo Gemini hopes to be a solution for mobile search and native advertising letting marketers easily reach all of the right customers for their business.
Native Ads You Say?
Yahoo Gemini powers native ads that put sponsored brand content in front of Yahoo’s 400 million monthly users in contextually relevant ways. An astounding 85% of consumers have never even heard of native ads. So…what are Native Ads then? If you’re not already familiar, native advertising is the increasingly popular method of reaching audiences with contextual messaging that appears alongside – or in-stream with – editorial content.
Whatever the definition, native advertising has proven to be very effective for brands, especially against more traditional web advertising formats. A Sharethrough study, for example, found that people were 25% more likely to look at native ads than banner ads and viewed them 53% more frequently. Also, participants in that study were more likely to share native ads with their contacts and demonstrated a stronger purchase intent after viewing them, compared to other types of ads. So far, almost three-quarters of publishers already offer native advertising on their sites In the U.S. alone!
How It Works:
- Create an ad to put in front of the customers you want…in just minutes! Choose the ad image, title, description, URL, & company name.
- Yahoo dynamically builds and delivers your ad to the right audience-location, language, interests, gender, and keywords.
- Set your budget and track you campaigns performance with Yahoo’s new powerful tools and insights.Budget can be set up on a per day basis or total based on length of the campaign.
How to Setup:
- First make sure you are logged in to your Yahoo account.
- Follow this link and provide basic information about your business.
- You will see a preview of how your ad will look, adjustable at any time.
- Choose who you want to see your ads and how much you are willing to spend.
- Yahoo will immediately place your ad into content that the customers your’e targeting are already browsing.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy watching your brand visibility and sales increase for 24/7 ROI.
- Reporting included – with bid estimation tools.
- Quick turnaround with ads processed within 36 hours.
- Create your ad once and have it appear across multiple devices.
- Only pay when you get results.
- Is not 100% compatible with the Chrome Browser.
- Very buggy, some kinks still need to be worked out.
- No sort feature, no quick option to change match type.
- File don’t always get accepted when uploaded.
- Only CSV files will be accepted.
So…Is It Worth A Try?
Since investments in native ads are expected to rise to 5 billion a year by 2017, it is worth trying out at least once for your business. There doesn’t seem to be anything to lose by testing out Yahoo Gemini, so give it a try! If you’re still confused about how Yahoo Gemini works, and we don’t blame you, watch the informative video below, straight from Yahoo themselves! Or, if you have questions or a general need for assistance with your business marketing strategy, Customer Magnetism is here to help!
Latest posts by Rachael Morrill (see all)
- Social Media Campaigns | Carving Out Time for a Social Strategy - Oct 22, 2015
- 6 Social Media Networks That Just Couldn’t Make It Happen - Sep 24, 2015
- Social Media Contest Ideas - Sep 9, 2015