Last Wednesday (April 17th), Twitter decided to amp up their advertising platform to a whole new level and play with the big boys of advertising.
Twitter sent out a mass email to their existing Twitter Ads users saying: “You can reach users at the right time and in the right context based on keywords in their Tweets and the Tweets they’ve recently engaged with. Simply specify the keywords you want to target and then add on targeting for location, device and gender.”
Drumroll please… Enter Twitter Keyword Targeting.This new platform works by showing ads to Twitter users who tweet or interact with a tweet that an advertiser is targeting. Examples by Twitter:
- A travel brand can target newlyweds tweeting about upcoming honeymoon plans.
- Retail companies can discount items and show them to fashionistas who are engaged in tweets about the latest designer jeans.
- Bakers can reach out to the hungry people who just tweeted about a craving.
In addition to the new keyword targeting, Twitter has expanded the analytics it provides. Now it shows in-depth information on activity, interaction with followers, and a tracking code to see the traffic to an advertiser’s website.Finally, Twitter has jumped on the keyword bandwagon! This certainly looks to be a useful addition to Twitter Ads. Test it out to see what you think of keyword targeting in Twitter.
Latest posts by Sydney Banks (see all)
- Top Thought Leaders in the Digital Marketing World - Jan 16, 2017
- How to Handle a Social Media Mishap - Jan 5, 2017
- Website Clicks Ads vs. Lead Gen Ads vs. Conversion Ads - Nov 10, 2016