We all use stock photography every once in a while. Sometimes it’s just the best way to illustrate an idea.
Sometimes it’s not.
We’ve stumbled upon a collection of ten photos that just might be the worst, most confusing and inexplicable stock images of all time. (Unless you’re looking for satire, in which case, these might be the best of all time.)
Here they are in no particular order:
1. Nothing says “everyone hates you” like skeptical grimaces and blurring out the only people who might be genuinely happy in the room. On the other hand, this could be a great image to send as a signature in snarky emails to signify the starting of a slow clap.
2. Don’t look so afraid. It’s just a clipboard carrying woman with two bodyguards. Just a run of the mill business transaction with the mob. UPDATE: Turns out there’s only two legs between the two of those guys and there’s no telling why.
3. The grand challenge: try to find a legitimate use for this photo below in a context that would not be uncomfortable. Seriously. Just try.
4. Although the writers of NCIS believe it’s possible for two people to accomplish something productive by typing on the same keyboard, we’re not buying it. In fact, it looks like he was just caught not working, so he put his hand on the keyboard to look busy. We see that blank screen. You’re not fooling anyone.
5. That little sliver of mid-drift showing, the blond girl’s hidden face, and the guy in white’s turned-in hand are all just enough to leave you wondering: what exactly is going on here?
6. In addition the fact that this guy looks like he’s blissfully unaware of what the laptop in his hands is for, we can see that computer is indeed past its prime.
7. Someone help this dog. It’ll take a while to get rid of the disconcerting feeling that this dog is being threatened with a rolled up newspaper.
8. Wait a second. Wait a second. What is this image saying? Doctors are supposed to do no harm, but hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil? What makes this way worse, is that these three people are also in the mob shot above. And that something inexplicable has happened to the men’s shoes.
9. After being terrified by the cryptic doctor image, this one seems much more benevolent. It’s just a young performer escaping to her dressing room, taking the mic worth thousands of dollars off stage with her while being protected by an agent from the Matrix.
10. The tattoo is classic and the studded belt over the shoulder is a brave, albeit confusing fashion statement. Add the briefcase of poker chips, and you have maybe the most inexplicable stock image of all time.
Seen worse? Send them our way!