While Easter may be over, the excitement of finding hidden Easter eggs can still be attained thanks to the clever folks at Google. No, you aren’t going to find colorful little eggs hidden around your desk, so you can stop looking. Google’s idea of the hunt involves crafty little messages, inside jokes, and other entertaining features hidden throughout the site.
Some of these you may have heard of or stumbled upon by accident, others may be a new kind of distraction for you once they’re discovered. Here’s a list of what we think are the 10 best.
1. Atari Breakout. We all remember the awesome Atari game before Playstation and Xbox ever became a thing. While Atari game systems are collecting dust in our attics, Google decided to kick it old school and bring the old favorite back. Go to Google images and type in Atari breakout, suddenly you’re playing a game instead of working! Now, you should probably get back to work . . .2. Do a barrel roll. Nothing beats a classic. This one is just plain fun. In the Google search bar, if you type in “do a barrel roll” the search engine complies and does just that- a barrel roll.3. Zerg Rush. Still feeling like you need to procrastinate with another game? Google has you covered. Search for Zerg rush and your search results will become under attack by the vicious Google Os. Defend your search by clicking on the Os to “kill” them before it’s too late!
4. Google Gravity. Feeling too tied down? Use the “Feeling Lucky” Google search and type in Google Gravity. Once you hit the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button the whole screen will lose it’s gravity. Now you can throw things around and wreak havoc on your search bar.
5. Google Sphere. Google “I’m Feeling Lucky” Google Sphere, and your search engine will turn into a floating sphere of word that you can control and spin and morph to your own desire. There may not be too much purpose to it- but it sure is fun.6. Google Guitar. Feeling musical? Become the next rock star with Google Guitar. Another “I’m Feeling Lucky” search that will bring you to your very own strumming device in the shape of… you guessed it: Google.7. Google Pond. Take a trip outdoors without ever leaving your computer screen. All you have to do is search “I’m Feeling Lucky” for Google Pond, and you’ll be working with an aquatic screen. Nature really is everywhere.8. LOL Limewire. We all remember Limewire, and we remember when it infamously was shut down for it’s illegal acts of piracy. Thanks to Google, we can all take the chance to LOL at them with the beautiful song. Google “I’m Feeling Lucky” LOL Limewire.9. Who is the cutest? Need a self esteem booster? Or just need a pick me up? Google “I’m Feeling Lucky” who is the cutest and find out just how cute you are. Google, you shouldn’t have.10. Google PacMan. Last but not least, another Atari classic, and probably our favorite Easter egg of all: Google PacMan. Maybe now you’re starting to wonder if the people at Google are actually working… Search Google PacMan with the “I’m Feeling Lucky” tool and Insert a Coin to begin chomping up dots. Just watch out for the ghosts!
While you’re testing out all of these fun little distractions, let us know if you come across any other awesome little treasures from Google. What is your favorite?
Latest posts by Sydney Banks (see all)
- Top Thought Leaders in the Digital Marketing World - Jan 16, 2017
- How to Handle a Social Media Mishap - Jan 5, 2017
- Website Clicks Ads vs. Lead Gen Ads vs. Conversion Ads - Nov 10, 2016